Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's been a while, since I've logged on. But I have good excuses.

I can't believe it's been two months since my last post! There is a lot to update. So I'll just do a quick summary now, since I have time, and add details later. Let me say that the last two months have been busy, stressful, exciting and rewarding. As a reminder I've been training with an airline. Since my last post, I passed the company, aircraft systems, and ops written exams. I moved onto the sim portion of training, worked through that. Took and passed my oral exam and flight checkride with a company check airman. Then last week finished IOE or initial operating experience (flying revenue passengers with a check airman). Korri and I have relaxed for a moment because I'm done. Well kind of done, now comes a year of probation and rough times for the airline industry. I only saw my family a couple of times in the past few months, so the best part is that I've spent some time with them. We've had some good times. Here are some photos I look like a limo driver! but I'm not although that might be a cool job. The CRJ When Max saw me in my uniform he looked at my hat and laughed! It only stayed on his head long enough to take the picture. I got bored and plotted out places I've flown to. The Red dots are places since being with this airline, blue are places I'm flying to this month and Green are places I've flown into before getting on with an airline. Most of these places I've flown into multiple times. I was really bored. Family time shopping, Max actually likes this hat. More family time!

4 comments:

Blythe said...

Wow, a new post! It looks like you guys are doing great. Are you coming into town anytime soon?

Kyle Peterson said...

Congrats big brother!! I am so proud of you, and you have really sacrificed a lot this year. Max looks soooo freakin cute, he is getting so big. I hope that if you guys get some time off you can come see us in San Diego. I hopefully will take a trip back to Utah before heading for Dallas this summer, maybe we can meet up. Love you guys and hope for the best.

Kyle

Holly said...

Yay, you're back! Sorry things have been so crazy for you guys. Korri, sorry you never get to see your husband! Shelby, you look awesome in your uniform. Take care.

Kyle Peterson said...

Great Job Pilot Shelby! I think that plotting map is really cool. That's amazing that you have flown that many places. I guess I'm really out of it because I didn't know there was that many airports in the U.S. So have you basically been to all them? Or do we still need to get you down to the San Diego Airport?