Friday, January 11, 2008

Last Flight in the Seminole

Well I had to stardardize the guy taking my position in Houston. I killed his left engine to test his reaction to the emergency. He did alright. It was the first time in over 200 hours that I had been in the left seat so I told him to shut down and secure the engine. Knowing It'd be my last flight in the plane I love so much; I told him to give me the controls. I took the controls and started flying at 5,500 feet on one engine. I was having SO much fun that I told him to take a picture of me flying the plane with the feathered engine. He looked at me kind of funny then I said that if he wanted to pass and keep his job he take some pictures. He did.
These Photos are at 5,500 feet on one engine (the right engine was running at full power). Notice that the left engine prop is not moving and turned into the wind. It was a fun flight....I passed him and got him on the insurance. I took a few landings though. I'll really miss flying that Seminole; Hope the Jet is as much fun.

7 comments:

Kyle Peterson said...

sounds pretty scary, turning the engines off. last time flying that kinda sad. so where are you heading off to now? i know kyle mentioned it but i don't remember all the things.

Shelby, Korri & Co. said...

Not at all scary. It's just part of flying. I'm off to fly a CRJ for Delta in Atlanta.

Holly said...

Hey Shelby, It was good to hear from you. I can't believe you're a pilot. That has to be one of the top 10 best/incredible/coolest jobs to have. Little Max looks so cute and also...happy anniversary. That's right...I remembered. You and I were married about the same time and so when my anniversary hits, I think of you and Korri. Happy seven years!

Ashlee Raubach said...

Hey! Cayden and I just watched the video of Max. Oh my goodness! He is sooo dang cute! I wish that I could see him on a regular basis, if you move back here, I promise I'll babysit him ANYTIME!!!!!! We miss you and love you guys!

Grandma said...

Gosh Shelby- you look so official flying that plane. We sure are proud of you. Your blog is fun to see and Max looks like he is a ton of fun. I wanted to let you know that Grandma turns 80 years old on Thursday, Jan. 24th. Please give her a call and wish her Happy Birthday- she would love it. Kathy

Grandma said...

Grandma has a blog. It's grandmalovesyouall.blogspot.com.

Kyle Peterson said...

Hey Shelb, I wish we could see you and the fam while you will be in UT, we can't go back just yet. I am proud of you and have always admired the great example you have set for me, you seem to do everything right. Thanks for that.